2. Any person registering personal information at www.schoolswimathon.org (‘Site’) must be aged 13 years or older. Any school or teacher registering the personal information of a Data Subject who is a pupil participating in the Event (‘Participant’) must have the consent of that Participant’s parent or guardian. If you are not 13 years of age or older, speak to your parent or guardian before using the Site.
3. The personal information we receive in respect of each Data Subject may be used:
to provide you the Data Subject with the goods and services purchased in relation to School Swimathon and for The Swimathon Foundation’s legitimate business interests in providing those goods and services to you;
to include the Data Subject in the School Swimathon and The Swimathon Foundation customers file;
for optimal functioning of our websites and apps; and
- to comply with applicable law.
4. We will obtain your consent to use the Data Subject’s personal information:
to contact the Data Subject about products and services relating to the School Swimathon or The Swimathon Foundation; and/or
- for us and/or our trusted partners to contact the Data Subject from time to time with offers that may interest the Data Subject and/or to inform the Data Subject of other products and services.
5. “Sensitive personal data” is data about an identifiable individual, which includes, among other things, race, ethnicity and health data. If you provide sensitive personal data to us about the Data Subject when making enquiries about The Swimathon Foundation’s goods and services (for example, if you email medical details about the Data Subject to us to help the Data Subject or you decide whether to take part in School Swimathon) it is your decision to make us aware of such sensitive personal data and we will use it only for the purpose of answering your queries. In our Terms and Conditions of Entry, teachers give us a licence to use any photographs and footage of Participants for use in future marketing for School Swimathon and The Swimathon Foundation. We will obtain the explicit consent of the Data Subject before filming or photographing the Data Subject for marketing purposes.
6. All personal information is processed by us in accordance with applicable data protection law. We take reasonable care in keeping the Data Subject’s information secure and preventing any unauthorised access or unlawful use of it. We will keep the Data Subject’s personal information only for as long as is necessary.
7. From time to time we may transfer the Data Subject’s personal information for internal business purposes to locations outside the European Economic Area, some of which may have different data protection laws to the UK, or no data protection laws and, in such cases, we shall only transmit such information to entities that comply with suitable data protection policies.
9. We may use 'cookies', or similar technology, on our Site to collect information that helps us to enhance your online experience, measure our audience and tailor our advertising. We may use our own and third party cookies to collect the information we require. Please note that we have no control over third party cookies.
For further information about cookies and how to control their use, please visit the following third party resources: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
11. If you do not want us to retain or use your personal information, you may withdraw your consent (i.e. “opt out”), by contacting us at email@example.com. You can do this at any time.